Monday, July 28, 2008

Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool....

So, I have been inspired to start a blog by my friend Karla. I assured her that since it is summer, and I am not working or doing much of anything, my life was not very blog-worthy. However, she wanted to see pictures of all my beach time, so here you go!



On the beach this past weekend


Right now Dan and I are living in the small town of Mexico Beach, FL. Its about 45 minutes away from Panama City. We are lucky enough to be living only about 100 feet from the beach, so my summer off has been filled with lots of beach and pool time. Other than going to the gym and doing the usual shopping and stuff around the house, that is pretty much my main activity! I am thankful to have such a relaxing and beautiful summer, but am looking forward to August when school starts up again and I can be more busy. Right now I am substituting at the elementary school on base. Hopefully once we get to Virginia, I will be able to start teaching full time.

Dan is busy (as usual) with flying and all that goes along with it. The training here at Tyndall has gone by very quickly, though - its hard to believe Dan only has 3 more months until graduation! Then he will finally be ready for his first operational assignment! We are so looking forward to getting to our permanent (by Air Force standards) assignment, feeling settled, and really being part of the squadron there. It has started to feel like "training" will never end, but at least now the end is in sight.

So, that's pretty much what we're up to now. Today is just more of the usual....Dan has a flight, and I'm about to meet Julee at the pool. Ahh, the things we Air Force wives put up with ;)

2 comments:

KJD said...

YEA!! You know moms.. we can never get enough news and photos from our kids! I'll love reading your blog! Love the name... one of my favorite movies. :-)

Erin and Dan said...

Thanks! I was trying to think of a creative title, and that was the best I could do!