Sunday, August 3, 2008

Old Friends and House Hunting

Well, it is Sunday and we have just had a great weekend of visiting with our friends Tim and Melissa, who were stationed with us at Columbus AFB. I guess Tim and Melissa count as old friends, even though technically we've only known them for a year and a half! It seems like longer...in a good way :) We had a great time catching up with them, even though they only had a short visit. Thanks for going out of your way to see us, guys!

Just to share something I find funny....

So Dan and I are in the process of getting ready to buy a house. I'm spending a lot of time talking to people and researching online about areas to live around Langley AFB. Maybe this is just b/c I am a first time home buyer, but I am having some serious sticker shock with home prices in Virginia.

Take this lovely example:

Somehow, in Virginia, this house is considered to be worth about $200,000. In foreclosure.

Hope you're up for an adventure if you're going to come stay at our future home in Virginia!!! :)

9 comments:

KJD said...

But it has a WINDOW air-conditioner.. that's extra value!

Erin and Dan said...

Ha, good point! I hear those are the cream of the crop as far as air conditioners are concerned....

Karla Christiansen said...

Hey, it's the other Karla here. :) I am SO EXCITED that you started a blog!

Thanks for all those beach pictures. It has been so rainy and cold up here! I'm starting to feel like I moved to Seattle. I think I actually had more of a tan during the winter.

Have fun house hunting! We are hating it! Looks like you guys have found some real winners too.

Give Barkley a hug and dog bone for me.

Erin and Dan said...

Haha, I had to think for a minute to decide who the first Karla was :) If it makes you feel better, it rains a lot here too...but its hot!

Are you guys still planning on living in a tent or have you found any better options?

Will do, and give Jake a big hug (well, extra hug, since I know he already gets lots!)

Shannon Ambroson said...

Oh my... That house is certainly a fixer-uper... hehehe I'm sure you'll find something amazing :) It'll just take some time to weed out those wonderous "air-conditioned" houses and find something with a little more... substance... for the money. Have fun with it and don't let it get you down. Homebuying can be a little daunting...

By the way, I can see your blog now, obviously, so thank you!!

aottosen said...

i really, really hope you choose that house.

Erin and Dan said...

You say that now Anna, but you'll be sorry when you come to visit...

Tim and Melissa McBee said...

I can't believe we didn't take any pictures while we were together!! We had a great time. It was great to see you guys!! Thanks for hosting us again.

Oh, and great blog (I love the title). I'm glad you're joining in on the fun.

Erin and Dan said...

I know - we really should have taken some! Now there's no proof that you were even here :( Oh well. We are so glad you came though - hope the rest of your vacation was a blast!