Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm still here!!!

Ok, so it has been a long time since I have posted anything on here! I have gotten busy and/or lazy and just neglected posting anything new. But, a lot has happened in the past couple of months, so I guess I should catch everyone up!

September was a busy month! First, I went house hunting in Virginia. Dan wasn't able to take time off to come with me, but I was able to go with my lovely friend Julee. Julee and her husband, Austin, are also moving to Langley at the same time as us. Julee and I had about as much fun as you can on a 16 hour drive both ways. We got to experience the frightening ghetto-ness that is apparently common in that area. We braved loiterers, sketchy areas, and some very depressing houses during our time there. The housing market was only slightly better than the preview I gave you with that lovely A-frame house :) It ended up being a sucessful trip, though; we found some really nice areas and decided to rent a great house! Here's our future home:


Next, it was up to North Carolina for Jonathan and Emily's wedding. We had a great time seeing all of Dan's family from around the country, and were so happy to be there for their big day. Their wedding was a lot of fun!

The following weekend I made ANOTHER road trip (that's 3 weekends in a row) up to Atlanta for Chad and Chrissy's wedding. I can't tell you how excited I was for that wedding! Chrissy is one of my very best friends and I was thrilled to be there with her when she married a wonderful guy. I had lots of fun doing all the bridesmaid stuff, from pedicures, to getting ready, to the big day...it was all a blast! Plus I got to hang out with some of my other best friends too :) Chrissy was a beautiful bride and the wedding was wonderful!

Since the craziness of September, its been nice to just have some relaxing time here at home. We've gotten to spend time with friends around here and just hang out together, which is always nice. I have still been substituting here, and also applying for jobs in Virginia. We are only two weeks away from our move, so we're starting to get ready for that. I'm dreading cleaning out the house and packing all of our stuff; at the same time, I'm ready to get going and be in Virginia! Hopefully a great school will have an opening for me in the middle of the year!

So that's the update from the past couple of months...its been busy, and will be for the next few weeks too. But its definitely exciting, and I'm ready for the next chapter!

2 comments:

Tim and Melissa McBee said...

I'm so happy to see some action back on this blog:) I know you've been super-busy. It's great to hear that you two are doing great. Of course, we miss you. Hope your move, the job search, and the end of Dan's training go well for you.

Erin and Dan said...

Hey Melissa! We miss you guys too :( Everything is going about as smoothly as a do-it-yourself move can go. Dan has his last flight today, and we are ready to celebrate this weekend at graduation and then get out of here! Seems like training has taken FOREVER! Hope you guys are doing well - I was jealous of your spouse flight :)