


Flowers blooming everywhere, beautiful, sunny, 80 degrees outside...it was wonderful! This weekend...rain. And cold.
Isn't it time for spring to officially begin? I'm getting a little sick of all this back and forth stuff.
Other than the crazy weather, things have been pretty much the usual around here. I had some bad news at my job, though. Due to all of the state budget cuts, I don't have a job for next year right now. My school alone had to cut 10% of their budget. They are losing almost all of the teaching assistants and are cutting one grade level classroom (aka me - it stinks having no seniority!). I am hoping that as people retire and things change before the next school year, I will end up with a job. Unfortunately I will most likely be changing schools, which is really sad because I love where I am now! So although it kind of stinks now, I am trying to trust that there will be something else for me next year.
In happier news, we tried a new church this morning and really enjoyed it! We have been visiting lots of different places over the past few months, but hadn't really found anywhere that felt like the right fit for us. The place we tried this morning had great music, a good message, and everyone was so friendly and welcoming. We're looking forward to going back and visiting again next week.
Well, I think its time to stop typing and go enjoy the rest of my Sunday...hope everyone has had a great weekend!
Oh and just for fun, here is a video of Barkley playing tug of war with his best doggie friend and "life partner" (if you know what I mean), Paxton :)

4 comments:
Great background layout Erin!
Hey I am so sorry to hear about your job situation! It doesn't seem fair that they cut you just because you are the newest. They are losing a great teacher.
I know you'll find another place, and I hope you love it even more!
Thanks Karla! I know, it is definitely a bummer. They are cutting teachers all over the place. I do hate the fact that its all based on seniority, but what can you do? Hopefully a good school somewhere will have an opening for me!
Isn't spring a crazy time of year? We haven't reached 80 degrees yet, but we've definitely had drastic ups and downs.
I hope that something opens up for you next year, and Karla's right...you may even enjoy it more!
Our schools are consolidating, so one of mine happens to be one that's closing. I don't know where I'll be next year either. We'll wait in anticipation together :)
I sure hope so! I just hate the not knowing part, you know? Well, obviously you do since you're in the same boat kind of! :)
Post a Comment