Hello from Japan! I finally arrived here Monday night after what has to be the longest plane trip EVER. It really didn't seem so bad looking at it on paper, but let me tell you, almost 30 hours of traveling without sleep (airplane sleep doesn't count) is definitely not fun. I flew from Atlanta, to Detroit, to Tokyo, switched airports via bus, then flew from Tokyo to Okinawa. The part of the flight from Detroit to Tokyo seemed to take forever. It was always light outside the plane, but they kept the shades down and the lights off so it was very disorienting. I kept trying to figure out if it was a.m. or p.m. and how long we had been in the air! Needless to say, I was relieved to get here without any incidents :) Dan met me at the airport and we made it back to base lodging around 11 pm local time...and man was I glad to get to sleep! I felt like a zombie, haha. Dan's room is very nice...it has a living room, a small kitchen, and a bedroom, so its kind of like a tiny apartment. Very comfortable though, and I'm glad he's got a nice place to stay for 4 months.
Yesterday Dan went to work and I slept in (ahhhhhhh :) ) then met Suzanne (another wife from the squadron who is visiting) to go to the pool. It was very nice and relaxing. We cooked dinner in the room and hung out for the rest of the evening. Its funny how great it can seem to just do "normal" things like that when you haven't been together for a couple of months!
Anyway, I am enjoying my time here and am so thankful to get to see my husband for a few weeks during this deployment. There is supposed to be a typhoon coming through in the next couple of days, so we'll see what happens with that!!

4 comments:
Wow - that is a lot of traveling!! Hope you enjoy every minute together.
Erin! So excited that you blogged from Japan!! :) Hope you have overcome the jet-lag by now.. that is some intense traveling. But so worth it, I'm sure. Tell Dan Hey from his little sister in Charlotte. Have a blast!!
Yea!!!! So glad you're together!! Enjoy, have fun, take lots of pictures!
Wow! How exciting! :) Enjoy your time in Japan. I can't believe you get to visit him during his "deployment"... that's definitely nice.
Post a Comment