Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Shuri Castle Sure is Cool!

Ok, I know the title is lame, but I hate just putting a boring title, so get over it :) So to continue on from the last post, after lunch at the American market, a smaller group of us went to see Shuri Castle. Shuri Castle was originally built in the 1400s (or sometime a LONG time ago?), and has been reconstructed multiple times since then. The Japanese made the castle their headquarters during the war, and it was destroyed by shelling during the battle of Okinawa. The last time it was rebuilt was after WWII.

Here's more information for anyone interested (ahem...Dad):

And here are some pictures from our visit to the castle!

Entrance Gate
Walking Up to the Castle
Main Castle Building
With My Favorite Guy in Japan :)
Interior of Castle - Throne Room

1 comment:

Tim and Melissa McBee said...

Ha - I like the title. I'm glad you're having a good time in Japan with Dan!!